Collings Electric Guitars - I-35 LC Deluxe - Dark Cherry Burst
SOLD. Call us for options.
Check our Shipping Page
for 2018 Holiday delivery options
The Collings I-35 LC Deluxe, serial# 15605, is one of the most spectacular electric guitars we've seen from this Austin, Texas builder. Crafted from Collings' own figured Maple laminate, it's a semi-hollowbody loaded with Lollar low wind Imperial Humbuckers for superb clarity. Jazz players to rockers have favored the I-35 LC for its tone, definition and playability - its killer looks don't hurt either. The Dark Cherry Burst nitrocellulose gloss lacquer finish is classic, yet done so perfectly here it's breathtaking. The neck feels just right - Medium Fat C shaped Mahogany with a Rosewood fretboard, 1 11/16" nutwidth and 12" radius. Along with the 24 7/8" scale, these specs make it a real joy to play. Internally, it's just as spectacular with classic '50s wiring, CTS 500k pots, Xicon caps and a Switchcraft toggle and jack.
The appointments on this I-35 are as good as it gets - Collings' own in-house crafted ivoroid binding on the headstock, pickup rings, neck and body (with added black/white purfling on the body for a subtle yet unique look). The ivoroid tuner buttons and top hat knobs complete the look. Our favorite, cool "haircut" headstock is here too, as well as the most perfect f-holes you've ever seen. Can you believe they put these in after the finish? We saw it ourselves when we visited Collings in Feb. 2015. Their combination of precise computer CNC machining and old world hand done luthier work come together so well in this ultimate electric. This Collings I-35 LC Deluxe is one of the coolest players around - a versatile guitar built for a lifetime. Includes a setup to your specs from our luthiers and a deluxe Collings hardshell case.
- Body: Collings' own Maple Laminate, Semi-Hollow construction with f-holes; Dark Cherry Burst Nitrocellulose Lacquer Gloss finish
- Scale: 24 7/8"
- Neck: Mahogany with Medium Fat C Shaped profile with 12" radius and 1 11/16" nutwidth
- Fingerboard: Rosewood with Mother-of-Pearl parallelogram inlays, 22 frets
- Pickups: Two Lollar low-wind Imperial humbuckers
- Bridge and tailpiece: TonePros AVR-II
- Tuners: Nickel Gotoh with Ivoroid buttons
- Binding: Collings' in house crafted ivoroid bound headstock, neck and body binding
- Controls: Volume x 2, Tone x 2, Switchcraft toggle, '50s style wiring
- Case: Collings Hard Case Included
- Serial#: 15605
View More Collings Electric Guitars
Browse All Electric Guitars