Collings Acoustic Guitars - OM1 VN Custom
SOLD. Call us for options.
Check our Shipping Page
for 2018 Holiday delivery options
This custom Collings OM1 VN, serial# 25055, is a fully loaded Orchestra Model-sized acoustic that's perfect for flatpicking and fingerstyle playing alike. Perhaps the most versatile guitar size, the OM is compact but has enough depth and volume to play in smaller venues. It has a select Sitka Spruce top, Mahogany neck, back and sides, and an Ebony fingerboard. We ordered this one with Collings' Vintage Now profile, so it has a nice neck shape, 1 3/4" nut width, and 2 5/16" string spacing. We also went with Adirondack pre-war scalloped bracing, and had it constructed without a tongue brace. This allows the top to vibrate more freely and gives it a subtly more open tone overall.
This also has a 25 1/2" scale length, a 14" - 26" compound fingerboard radius, and 20 Medium frets. Not only is this a super playable guitar, it also looks great, featuring plenty of high-end appointments: a tortoise-style pickguard and binding; a high gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish; black/white wood top purfling and matching 1-style Walnut backstrip; black/white wood nitrate strip rosette; and mother-of-pearl dot inlays. This Collings OM1 VN is a superb guitar at every angle and includes a hardshell case and full setup from our luthiers.
- Orchestra Model with Tortoise-style binding and high gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Adirondack pre-war scalloped bracing and no tongue brace
- Select Sitka Spruce top with Tortoise-style pickguard, black/white wood purfling, and black/white wood nitrate strip rosette
- Mahogany back and sides with 1-style Walnut backstrip
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Vintage Now profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14" - 26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets, and Mother-of-Pearl dot inlays
- 1 3/4" nut width, Bone
- Bone drop-in saddle with 2 5/16" string spacing
- Ebony belly-style bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Hardshell case included