Collings Acoustic Guitars - OM2H Koa G SB
This custom built Collings OM2H, serial# 25204, features some outstanding additions and tweaks to the the Austin-based maker's classic design. A German Spruce top is paired masterfully with Koa back and sides, with a Mahogany neck and Ebony fingerboard. The neck has a Modified V shape, while the fingerboard has a 14"-26" compound radius, as well as 20 frets. The most popular body shape on a guitar, the Orchestra Model is designed with versatility in mind, perfect for both fingerstyle players and flatpickers.
This has a 25 1/2" scale length, a 1 3/4" nut width, and 2 3/16" string spacing. This is topped with a gorgeous high gloss Koa Sunburst finish, and is loaded with several eye-catching details: grained Ivoroid body binding; Herringbone top trim and a matching backstrip; cross-cut grained Ivoroid and wood nitrate strip rosette; tortoiseshell pick guard; and Abalone diamond and square inlays.
When we ordered this, we also had the bracing upgraded to Adirondack Spruce, and had it made without a tongue brace - which allows the top to vibrate more freely and gives it a subtly more open sound. Overall, this Collings OM2H is about as perfect as they come, and includes a hardshell case and full setup from our luthiers.
- Orchestra Model with Koa Sunburst high gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish and grained Ivoroid binding
- Pre-War Scalloped Adirondack Spruce bracing with no tongue brace
- German Spruce top with Tortoiseshell pickguard, Herringbone trim, and cross-cut grained Ivoroid and wood nitrate strip rosette
- Koa back and sides with Herringbone backstrip
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Modified V profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14"-26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets and Abalone diamond and square inlays
- 1 3/4" nut width, Bone
- Drop-In Bone saddle with 2 3/16" string spacing
- Belly-style Ebony bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Hardshell case included
- serial# 25204