Collings Acoustic Guitars - OM2H SB
SOLD. Call us for options.
This Collings OM2H SB, serial# 24430, is a marvelous example of the Austin, Texas, company's unprecedented devotion to quality and unparalleled construction. Orchestra Model guitars have become easily the most popular among fingerstyle players, though many strummers and flatpickers have also adopted it as their go-to guitar - and with good reason. Its versatility is one of its strongest points, though that's rivaled by its simply unbeatable tone. For this particular one, we made a few tweaks from the standard version, including its glorious Sunburst high-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish.
Made with a select Sitka Spruce top, its lined with Herringbone trim and has grained Ivoroid binding front and back, while its back and sides are made from East Indian Rosewood with a matching two-style backstrip. It has pre-war scalloped bracing made from Adirondack, but we had the tongue brace removed to give it a more open sound - and while it may be a subtle change, it definitely sounds great. Its neck is made from Mahogany and has Collings' Modified V profile, with 2 3/16" string spacing at the saddle, and 1 3/4" at the nut. The fingerboard is Ebony and has 20 Medium frets and is accompanied by diamond and square mother-of-pearl inlays. The scale length is 25 1/2".
This incredible guitar plays as well as, or better than, just about any guitar we've had, and its details are impeccable, too - like how the tortoise-style celluloid pickguard complements the sunburst finish, and pairs perfectly with a cross-cut grained Ivoroid and wood nitrate strip soundhole rosette. This customized Collings OM2H SB is one of those guitars that just needs to be played, and the more it is, the more open and better-sounding it will become. Includes hardshell case and full setup from our luthiers.
- Orchestra Model size with Sunburst High-gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish and grained Ivoroid binding
- Pre-War Scalloped Adirondack bracing with no tongue brace
- Select Sitka Spruce top with Herringbone trim, Tortoise-style celluloid pickguard and Cross-cut grained Ivoroid and wood nitrate strip rosette
- East Indian Rosewood back and sides with 2-style backstrip
- 25 1/2” scale length
- Mahogany neck with Modified V profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14”-26” compound radius, 20 Medium (18% nickel-silver) frets and Mother-of-Pearl diamond and square inlays
- 1 3/4” nut width, bone
- Drop-In bone saddle with 2 3/16” string spacing
- Ebony Belly-style bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Hardshell case included
- Serial# 24430