Collings Acoustic Guitars - OM2H VN Traditional T Series Prototype
SOLD. Call us for options.
This Collings OM2H VN T, serial# 25599, is a prototype model for the upcoming Traditional series - a line of acoustics that focus on vintage-voiced guitars from '30s and '40s. For this Orchestra Model, our owner, Jim, sent of his vintage OMs to Bill Collings in Austin, Texas, where he spec'd the Traditional out to emulate its superb tone and feel using vintage construction techniques, even building it with protein glue - and he absolutely nailed it.
It features a select Sitka Spruce top and pre-war scalloped bracing, East Indian Rosewood back and sides, a Mahogany neck, and Ebony fingerboard. To expand upon its vintage vibe, it's been given Collings' Vintage Now treatment - a super comfortable neck profile and bridge, with a 25 1/2" scale length, 1 3/4" nut width, and a 2 5/16" string spacing.
Loaded with appointments, too, this OM2H looks fantastic, too. Grained Ivoroid binding; Herringbone trim and matching 2-style backstrip; a tortoiseshell pickguard; a cross-cut grained Ivoroid and wood nitrate strip rosette; and Abalone diamond and square inlays are all here, and, together, all look phenomenal. An immensely versatile acoustic guitar, this Collings OM2H VN T prototype is a nice start to a brand new line. This includes Collings' new hardshell case, serial# M000021, and a full setup to your specs.
- Orchestra Model with grained Ivoroid binding
- Pre-War Scalloped bracing
- Select Sitka Spruce top with Tortoiseshell pickguard, Herringbone trim, and cross-cut grained Ivoroid and wood strip rosette
- East Indian Rosewood back and sides with 2-style backstrip
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Vintage Now profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14" - 26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets and Abalone diamond and square inlays
- 1 3/4" nut width, Bone
- Bone Drop-In saddle with 2 5/16" string spacing
- Ebony Vintage Now bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Collings Custom hardshell case included (serial# M000021)
- Serial# 25599