Collings Acoustic Guitars - OM3 MRG VN Cutaway
This Collings OM3 MRG VN Cut is an astonishing display of the Austin, TX, guitar builders' handiwork - beautifully handcrafted and sonically marvelous. It's open and warm with a distinct edge to it that cuts through the mix, and is never overwhelming or harsh. We did a little tweaking to this model to achieve a sound like no other, including a German Spruce top and Madagascar Rosewood back and sides, which really complement each other. It's finished with a high-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish, and we requested the cutaway added for easy access to its upper frets.
Arguably the most popular 14-fret guitar among fingerstyle players, the OM is also appealing to strummers and flatpickers due to its versatility. It has a 25 1/2" scale length, and with the added Vintage Now profile it has a 1 3/4" nut width. The neck is made from Mahogany, while the fingerboard is Ebony, as is the Vintage Now-style bridge. And of course no Collings would be complete without some killer appointments, like a high-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish, tortoise-style pickguard, Abalone rosette, black/white purfling, grained Ivoroid binding throughout, and a 3-style mosaic backstrip.
An all-around fantastic guitar, having one of these in the shop is a real joy - it's especially fun to play, and will make you sound better regardless of your skill-level. Perfect for all types of music and playing styles, the Collings OM3 MRG VN Cut is an impeccable display of craftsmanship. Includes a hardshell case and full setup from our luthiers.
- Orchestra Model with Venetian cutaway, grained Ivoroid binding, and High-Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish
- Pre-War Scalloped bracing
- German Spruce top with Tortoise-style pickguard, select Abalone rosette, and black/white purfling
- Madagascar Rosewood back and sides with 3-style mosaic backstrip
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Vintage Now profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14"-26" compound radius and 20 Medium (18% nickel-silver) frets
- 1 3/4" nut width, bone
- Bone Drop-in saddle with 2 3/16" string spacing
- Ebony Vintage Now bridge
- Gold Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Hardshell case included
- Serial# 24234