Collings Acoustic Guitars - T1 SB Tenor
This Collings T1 SB Tenor Guitar, serial# 23801, is a tremendously fun player and a remarkably versatile instrument. It's tuned standard to CGDA (same as a tenor banjo) or you can switch it up to standard guitar treble side with DGBE, in addition to many other tunings. The tenor's been a part of Celtic, country and traditional music for decades and while it's a bit of a rarity, it has seen a resurgence. Artists from Neko Case (check her out playing a tenor here) and Ry Cooder to Jason Molina are all proponents of the tenor. This particular T1 has a lively sound, real clarity and just look at it - this is one of the coolest looking guitars we've seen. And yes, that Western Shaded Top burst (high gloss nitrocellulose) finish is absolutely perfect.
That perfect finish is on a Sitka Spruce top, paired with gloss Mahogany back and sides, both which contribute to its great tone. The Mahogany neck has a comfy V shape and an Ebony fretboard. Playability is just wonderful with a 23" scale, 1 9/32" nutwidth and 1 11/32" string spacing. Check out the details too, like the cool 'rope' binding, Waverly tuners, bone nut and saddle, just to name a few.
The Collings T1 SB Tenor Guitar offers a beautifully appointed, comfortable player that is about as versatile a stringed instrument as you can find - includes a Collings hard case and a setup to your specs from our luthiers too.
- Body: T1 SB Tenor
- Top: Sikta Spruce with Western Shaded Top gloss finish and Tortoise-style pickguard and Rope style binding
- Back and Sides: Mahogany, gloss finish
- Scale Length: 23"
- Neck: Mahogany with V profile
- Fingerboard: Ebony with Mother-of-Pearl dot inlays
- Frets: 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Nut: 1 9/32", Bone
- Saddle: Bone Drop-in with 1 11/32" string-spacing
- Bridge: Ebony Belly-style
- Tuners: Waverly
- Strings: .012, .016, .024, .035
- Case: Hardshell Case included
- Serial#: 23801