Eastman Electric Guitars - ER2 El Rey Archtop
SOLD. Call us for options.
Free Shipping Eligible
The Eastman ER2 El Rey guitar delivers beautiful archtop tone in a smaller, lightweight (just over five pounds), fully hollow carved body, just 14" across. Designed by luthier Otto D'Ambrosio, this instrument delivers big, warm sound and a great feel. It handles more like a Les Paul but delivers more like a 330. Even a couple of strums unplugged will show you just how resonant this El Rey is, and when amped, it sings. The carved solid Spruce top and Maple back and sides are accented with Figured Maple binding - gorgeous. And with dual mounted Kent Armstrong humbuckers, you have a versatile guitar. The ER2 rules at jazz, but blues players will also really enjoy the deep tone and definition with this.
With a 25 2/5" scale, comfortable Maple neck, and a roomy 1 3/4" nut width, plus the lightweight body, playing is a super smooth joy, no matter how long the gig lasts. The gorgeous construction on this includes a Tunomatic bridge with a gold and Ebony trapeze-style tailpiece, gold-plated Gotoh tuners, and custom offset inlays - top to bottom it is decidedly an elegant Eastman. The Eastman ER2 El Rey is a killer electric archtop, perfect for jazz guitarists seeking some tradition with an eye to the future. Includes an Eastman hardshell case and setup to your specs from our luthiers.
- Body: Electric Archtop with single Florentine-style cutaway; 14” bout x 2”depth
- Top: Solid Spruce
- Back and Sides: Maple with Figured Maple binding
- Scale Length: 25 2/5”
- Neck: Maple
- Fingerboard: Ebony with custom offset design inlays
- Frets: 22 Nickel - Silver
- Nut Width: 1 3/4”
- Pickups: Dual Mounted Kent Armstrong humbuckers (HPAG-1)
- Bridge: Archtop Tunomatic with 2 1/32” string spacing and Gold and Ebony Trapeze-style tailpiece
- Tuners: Gold-plated Gotoh
- Controls: 3-Way toggle switch with 2 Volume and 2 Tone knobs
- Case: Original Hard Case Included