Gibson Electric Guitars - 1967 Trini Lopez Standard
SOLD. Call us for options.
This used Gibson Trini Lopez Standard from 1967 is a superb ES-335-style semi-hollow body electric with a nice and slim body and excellent playability. This has a Maple body, complete with aged white binding, a comfortable U-shaped Mahogany neck and an Ebony fingerboard. It has seen some wear, including finish-checking and a few dings to its top, as well as some replacements and repairs.
There was a break in the headstock that had been previously fixed, and done well. The truss rod cover is non-original. It had a partial refret - the 12th through 22nd frets were replaced - as were the 17th and 19th fret diamond inlays. It has a new Bone nut, and the ABR-1 bridge has been replaced, as well. The neck tone control knob has been replaced, as have the tuners (though the originals are included in the case).
The scale length is 24 3/4" and the nut width is 1 11/16", like on an ES-335 - the only major difference stylistically is the use of diamonds. Sr. Lopez loved the shape so much, he had it included as the fingerboard inlays, the soundholes' shape, and again subtly raised on the Trapeze tailpiece. Other appointments include a five-ply black/white pickguard.
It's also equipped with a killer pair of Gibson's Patent Number humbuckers that sound great regardless if they're run clean or overdriven. They offer a big and deep sound, with plenty of bite and old fashioned snarl, and go from smooth jazz to dirty blues in a breeze. This Gibson Trini Lopez Standard is in Very Good condition overall and includes its original hardshell case. Come check out while you can - or your search goes on!
- ES-335-style semi-hollow body with solid middle block and 2 diamond-shaped soundholes
- Maple body with 5-ply black/white pickguard and aged white binding
- 24 3/4" scale length
- Mahogany neck with U shape and non-original truss rod cover
- Ebony fingerboard with aged white binding, 22 frets and Diamond-shaped Abalone inlays (frets 12-22 replaced; 17th and 19th inlays replaced)
- 1 11/16" nut width, Bone (new)
- 2 Gibson Patent Number humbuckers
- ABR-1 bridge (replaced) and Trapeze tailpiece with raised diamond
- 3-way toggle switch with 2 Volume and 2 Tone controls (neck tone knob replaced)
- Gibson Deluxe tuners (replaced; originals included)
- Original hard case included