Gibson Electric Guitars - 2003 ES-137 Custom with Bigsby - Cherry Sunburst
This used Gibson ES-137 Custom with Bigsby, here in Excellent condition, has some nice custom features with all the modern construction and build-quality to make it a classic. This is a semi-hollowbody, carved-top electric with a Curly Maple body and a distinct Cherry Sunburst finish. Cream binding accents it throughout with black purfling on its top. It has two unbound f-holes and a five-ply black pickguard to round it out - and all together it looks incredible, with barely any noticeable playwear.
This has a short 24" scale length and a 1 11/16" nut width. It's also equipped with a pair of Gibson humbuckers - a 490R (neck) and 498T (bridge) - capable of giving some astounding sonic versatility, from smooth and round clean tones, to some nasty snarl and bite when overdriven. Rather than the standard trapezoid inlays, this has custom Pearloid split diamonds, and in addition to the standard three-way toggle switch, it has a six-way Varitone selector for further versatility and tonal variability.
A well-rounded and comfortable player, this was built in 2003 and can do a lot of everything well - from jazz and blues tunes, to heavier rock 'n' roll licks. An immensely playable and fun rocker, this Gibson ES-137 Custom with Bigsby includes its original hardshell case.
- Semi-Hollowbody with Florentine cutaway, Cherry Sunburst finish, and cream binding
- Curly Maple top, back, and sides with 2 f-holes, 5-ply black/white pickguard, and black purfling
- 24" scale length
- 3-ply Maple neck with Rounded profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 22 frets and Pearloid split diamond inlays
- 1 11/16" nut width
- Gibson 490R and 498T humbuckers
- 3-way toggle switch and 6-way Varitone switch with 2 Volume and 2 Tone controls
- Nashville Tune-O-Matic bridge with Bigsby tailpiece
- Grover Keystone tuners
- Original hardshell case included