Gibson Custom Shop Limited Run Historic 1960 Heavy Aged Les Paul (2014)
SOLD. Call us for options.
Check our Shipping Page
for 2018 Holiday delivery options
This used Gibson Custom Shop Historic 1960 Les Paul is a heavily relic'd electric designed to emulate Les Pauls from the '60s, with a combination of modern and vintage construction techniques, including hide glue for the neck and fingerboard attachment. This particular model is in Near Mint condition and features an Iced Tea Fade Sunburst finish and Aniline-dyed, non-weight-relieved Mahogany back and sides. The top is carved figured Maple and has a raised pickguard and one-ply Dark Cream binding as an accent.
Loaded with a pair of Custom Wound Custom Bucker humbuckers, you get a massive-sounding, metal-falling-from-the-sky electric player that can do everything a Les Paul is expected to do - all while looking great. The relicing job is superb, like what you'd see from a boutique builder. It's also a genuinely comfortable guitar - it does have a Les Paul's weight (a little over 8 lb.) but it's also made with a one-piece Mahogany neck with Gibson's 1960 Slim profile, and a one-piece Rosewood fingerboard with a 12" radius.
The scale length is 24 3/4" and the nut width is 1 11/16", and it has plenty of other nice features: 22 frets with cellulose trapezoid inlays, an ABR-1 bridge with a lightweight aluminum stopbar, and Kluson Deluxe tuners. This Gibson Custom Shop Historic 1960 Les Paul is a limited edition model that would be a great addition to a Les Paul enthusiast's collection, or as a regular player. It includes its original Gibson Custom hardshell case and its Certificate of Authenticity.
- Les Paul with Heavy Relicking, Iced Tea Fade Sunburst finish and 1-ply Dark Cream binding
- Carved Figured Maple top with pickguard
- Solid non-weight-relieved Mahogany body
- 24 3/4" scale length
- 1-Piece Mahogany neck with 1960 Slim profile
- 1-Piece Rosewood fingerboard with 12" radius, 22 frets and cellulose Trapezoid inlays
- 1 11/16" nut width
- 2 Custom Wound Custom Buckers
- ABR-1 bridge with lightweight aluminum stopbar
- 3-way toggle switch with 2 Volume and 2 Tone controls
- Kluson Deluxe tuners
- 8.11 lb.
- Original Gibson Custom hardshell case included
- Certificate of Authenticity included