Gibson Electric Guitars - 1979 ES-335 Pro
SOLD. Call us for options.
This used Gibson ES-335 Pro is an amazing reminder of why Gibson is one of the best-selling guitar manufacturers ever. While it was only produced briefly between 1979 and '81, it's a high-quality, lightweight, semi-hollowbody electric with dual f-holes made from Maple, so it has a warm tone and limited feedback. This ES-335 Pro has a killer neck pickup that can play the traditional rhythm role, but can always scream when left wide open. The bridge pickup rounds out the dual humbucker system giving you that classic 335 setup.
It has a slightly shorter 24 1/2" scale length and slimmer 1 5/8" nut width. The three-piece laminate Maple neck has some light wear, while the Rosewood fingerboard is clean and smooth. In Very Good condition overall, it does have some mild buckle rash to its back and minimal body dings, but nothing major that would compromise its playability or tone. In fact, it sounds phenomenal still, with beefy lows and clear highs, great for either rhythm playing or soloing. A killer blues guitar, especially, the Gibson ES-335 Pro has been played by plenty of seminal guitarists, such as Eric Clapton, B.B. King, and Chuck Berry. This one includes its original hardshell case, as well.
- Semi-Hollow body with dual f-holes, Sunburst finish, and binding
- Maple top with black pickguard
- Maple back and sides
- 24 1/2" scale length
- 3-piece laminate Maple neck
- Rosewood fingerboard with 22 frets and dot inlays
- 1 5/8" nut width
- Neck pickup humbucker 15.5k
- Bridge pickup humbucker 7.8k
- Tune-O-Matic bridge with stopbar tailpiece
- 3-way toggle switch with 2 Volume and 2 Tone controls
- Chrome hardware
- Original hardshell case included