Martin Acoustic Guitars - 2009 D-18GE Golden Era
SOLD. Call us for options.
This used Martin D-18GE 1934 Golden Era is a finely crafted dreadnought modeled after the 1934-era model - arguably the most impressive dread ever made. This features Martin's forward-shifted X-bracing which boosts projection, while its 25.4" scale length and now-standard 1 3/4" nut width make it an even more comfortable player. The solid Adirondack Spruce top, solid Mahogany back and sides, and select Hardwood neck with Modified V shape all make for one of the smoothest, most versatile guitars on the market, too.
With a wide tonal palette, plenty of volume and clarity, this D-18GE is suitable for flatpickers and fingerstyle players alike, and can easily fill a large room with its bountiful glory. Loaded with '30s-era appointments, this has black (Boltaron) binding, a tortoiseshell pickguard, Old Style 18 rosette, back purfling, and fingerboard inlays, as well as '30s Belly-style bridge. As if the D-18 wasn't already a classic, this Martin D-18GE 1934 Golden Era is a reminder of the company's golden years and that we're headed toward a new gilded age. Built in 2009, this is in Excellent condition with little playwear and clean frets. Its original hardshell case is included.
- 14-Fret Dreadnought with black Boltaron binding and forward-shifted Scalloped X-bracing
- Solid Adirondack Spruce top with polished gloss finish and aging toner, Tortoiseshell pickguard, and Old Style 18 (Black/White Fiber) rosette
- Solid Mahogany back and sides with Style 18 purfling
- 25.4” scale length
- Select Hardwood neck with Modified V shape
- Ebony fingerboard with 20 frets and Old Style 18 inlays
- 1 3/4” nut width, Bone
- Long Bone saddle with 2 5/16” string spacing
- 1930s Belly-style Ebony bridge
- Waverly Nickel tuners with Butterbean knobs
- Hardshell case included