Martin Acoustic Guitars - 1971 D-18
This all-original Martin D-18 from 1971 is in Very Good condition after nearly 45 years of use and is a great-playing 14-fret dreadnought. It has a Spruce top and Mahogany back, sides, and neck, and a Rosewood fingerboard. The body looks a little rough, with some dings throughout, though it plays like-new - and sounds even better after having four decades to open up. It has the volume to handle playing with other inherently louder instruments, crisp highs, nice mids, and booming lows. Just one strum and you'll hear it.
This has a 25.4" scale length, wide 1 11/16" nut width, and 2 3/16" string spacing. Its appointments include: black pickguard, Style 18 rosette, black body binding with cream/black purfling on the top, white dot fingerboard inlays, a bone saddle, and Rosewood belly-style bridge.
Sometime in the last 10 years the neck was professionally reset, and it has a nice, playable angle, and the saddle height is just right. A fantastic guitar through and through, this used Martin D-18 includes its original blue case.
- 14-Fret Dreadnought with black binding
- Spruce top with black pickguard, Style 18 rosette, and cream/black purfling
- Mahogany back and sides
- 25.4" scale length
- Mahogany neck
- Rosewood fingerboard with 20 frets and white dot inlays
- 1 11/16" nut width
- Compensated drop-in Bone saddle with 2 3/16" string spacing
- Rosewood belly-style bridge
- Grover Rotomatic tuners
- Original hardshell case included