Martin Acoustic Guitars - 1970 D12-20
This used Martin D-12-20 12 string acoustic from 1970 is a great player in Very Good condition. It's similar to a D-18 with a solid Sitka Spruce top and Mahogany back and sides, plus a Rosewood fingerboard and bridge, dark binding, and a black pickguard. It has some nice additional appointments, including a Style-28 checkered backstrip and an extra line on the back binding, as well as black bridge pins with white dots. The sound is fully Martin - loud, dynamic, and warm.
The scale is slightly shorter at 24.75", and its nut width is 1.875" to accommodate all twelve strings. The Mahogany neck is in Martin's Fat neck shape so players can handle its overall width making for a comfortable player, and one perfect for first time twelve-string players. This has a slotted headstock, giving it a cool vintage vibe. Other appointments include a ring rosette and matching purfling on the top.
This is in Very Good condition, crack free with no structural issues and nice saddle height, but does have some wear. Most notable are are a few scratches and dings, some buckle rash on the back, and (to be expected in something of this age) a little finish checking near the fingerboard. This has replacement vintage style tuners, a well done replacement pickguard and there is evidence of a nicely done California neck reset (neck block slip neck set). There is an expertly done 2 inch splint in the lower bout of the top as well, with minor touch up in that area (see photos), otherwise all original finish throughout. This Martin D-12-20 has a wonderful full and warm sound, and is ready for the next few generations. Includes a non-original hardshell case. Serial number 266067.
- 12-string Dreadnought with dark binding
- Solid Sitka Spruce top with black (replacement) pickguard, ring rosette and matching purfling
- Mahogany back and sides with Style-28 checkered backstrip
- 24.75" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Fat profile and slotted headstock
- Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard with 19 frets and dot inlays
- 1.875" nut width
- Rosewood bridge with black bridge pins with white dots
- Replacement vintage style tuners; originals are included in the case
- Non-original hardshell case included
View More Martin Acoustic Guitars
Browse All Acoustic Guitars