Martin Acoustic Guitars - D-18 GE Golden Era
SOLD. Call us for options.
The Martin D-18GE is made with the legendary pre-war Golden Era of guitars in mind - construction, materials, appointments, everything. It's one of those guitars that can do, and has done, just about everything. Based on the original 14-fret dreadnought that inspired countless models since, this new iteration continues the tradition of providing exceptional presence, sound, and build.
The forward-shifted X-bracing boosts projection, and the now-standard 1 3/4" nut width makes it an even more comfortable player. The select Hardwood neck with Modified V shape, solid Adirondack Spruce top, and solid Mahogany back and sides all make for one of the smoothest, most versatile guitars on the market. With plenty of tone, volume, and clarity, it's suitable for flatpickers and fingerstyle players alike, and can easily fill a large room with its bountiful glory. As if the D-18 wasn't already a classic, this Martin D-18GE is a reminder of the company's golden years and that we're headed toward a new gilded age. Hard case and full set up to your specs is included.
- Body: Dreadnought with Standard X-Scalloped Bracing (Golden Era-style), Forward Shifted
- Top: Solid Adirondack Spruce with 5/16” braces and Old Style 18 Rosette
- Back and Sides: Solid Genuine Mahogany with Style 18 Purfling
- Scale Length: 25.4”
- Neck: Select Hardwood with Modified V shape
- Fingerboard: Ebony with Old Style 18 position inlays
- Frets: 20 with neck joining at 14th
- Nut: 1 3/4”, Bone
- Saddle: Long Bone with 16” Radius and 2 5/16” string spacing
- Bridge: Solid Black Ebony with 1930s-style Belly
- Tuners: Waverly Nickel with Butterbean knobs
- Case: Hardshell Case included