Martin Acoustic Guitars - D-28 Authentic 1937 VTS
SOLD. Call us for options.
This Martin D-28 Authentic 1937 Acoustic VTS is modeled after arguably the most revered of vintage D-28s, the pre-war 1937, with forward-shifted, hand-scalloped X-bracing, hide glue construction and crafted with impeccable woods. A faithful recreation of the classic with a modern twist, this version features a solid Adirondack Spruce top and solid Madagascar Rosewood back and sides for an absolutely gorgeous tonal combination, with distinct clarity in the highs, focused mids, and dense, warm lows.
One of the secrets behind this fantastic Authentic tone is due to Martin's new Vintage Tone System (VTS) which includes a gorgeous Vintage Gloss finish, combined with Martin's new torrefaction system applied to the top and bracing - something that you can only get with Martin's new Authentic line.
The solid genuine Mahogany neck has an Ebony fingerboard with the 1937 long pattern inlays of diamonds and squares on the fifth, seventh, ninth, twelfth, and fifteenth frets. As incredible as it looks, the sound and playability of this modern iteration of the '37 D-28 is even more outstanding.
Here with a 25.4" scale, it has a roomy 1 3/4" bone nut and 2 5/16" string spacing. Appointments include a Delmar tortoise-style pickguard, bold Herringbone top inlay, an elegant Style 28 rosette, zig-zag back purfling, and black/white Boltaron back inlay. It also has Waverly nickel tuners with classic Butterbean knobs. An all-around amazing guitar that is about as versatile as they come, the Martin D-28 Authentic 1937 VTS Acoustic is perfect for strummers and flatpickers alike looking for a big-sounding instrument. Includes original hardshell case and setup from our luthiers.
- 14-fret Dreadnought crafted with hide glue
- Standard Forward-Shifted X-Scalloped 5/16" bracing
- Solid Adirondack Spruce top with Delmar Tortoise-style pickguard, bold Herringbone inlay, and Style 28 rosette
- Solid Madagascar Rosewood back and sides with grained Ivoroid binding and Style 28 zig-zag purfling
- VTS Top and Bracing
- 25.4" scale length
- Solid genuine Mahogany neck with Authentic 1937 barrel and heel shape
- Solid black Ebony fretboard with 16" radius, 20 frets and Diamonds and Squares 1937 Long Pattern inlay
- 1 3/4" nut width, bone
- Long bone saddle with 2 5/16" string spacing
- Solid black Ebony belly-style bridge
- Waverly Nickel tuners with Butterbean knobs
- Hardshell case included