Taylor Acoustic Guitars - 1985 915 Custom
SOLD. Call us for options.
This used Taylor 915 Custom, built in 1985, is a Jumbo-sized acoustic and from Taylor's Lemon Grove era, before it moved to a larger operation in El Cajon. It sounds fantastic, too, with a massive tone and enough volume to keep up with about any other inherently louder instruments. It's made with a Sitka Spruce top and Flamed Maple back and sides, and has a lovely full-body Cherry Burst finish. Here in Very Good condition, it does have some light dings to its body (see photos), and minimal binding separation at the upper bass bout (though it's barely noticeable).
It has a 25 1/2" scale length and 1 3/4" nut width, in addition to being loaded with high-end appointments. Beyond its cream binding throughout, it has a tortoiseshell pickguard, an Abalone rosette, black/white/black top purfling, a Mossman-style backstrip, a mustache-style bridge, mother-of-pearl 900-series inlays, and a Flamed Maple back headstock veneer. A great player at 30 years old, this Taylor 915 Custom has many years left to it, and isn't one you'll see often. Includes a hardshell case, though it does have a broken handle.
- Jumbo-sized with full body Cherry Burst finish and cream binding
- Sitka Spruce top with Tortoiseshell pickguard, Abalone rosette, and black/white/black purfling
- Flamed Maple back and sides with Mossman-style backstrip
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Maple neck with Flamed Maple back headstock veneer
- Ebony fingerboard with 20 frets and Mother-of-Pearl 900-series inlays
- 1 3/4" nut width
- Mustache-style Ebony bridge
- Grover Rotomatic tuners
- Hard case included (with broken handle)