Taylor Acoustic Guitars - 616ce Grand Symphony
SOLD. Call us for options.
The Taylor 616ce (and the entire 600 line) recently received the great Andy Powers treatment - a complete redesign that resulted in a game-changing Grand Symphony guitar. Like the recently redesigned 800 series, the616ce has special Advanced Performance bracing, specifically designed to optimize the tonewoods and body shape together. The torrefied Sitka Spruce top - meaning the wood has been roasted to produce an aged tonal character - is paired with Maple back and sides, also specially braced. It has a thinner-than-ever finish, as well, and sounds remarkable with a full, yet clear, resounding and resonant tone. Both the size and tone work beautifully for strummers and fingerpickers seeking clarity and a nice low end - it's rich, warm, and noticeably responsive.
Powers also implemented other build details that benefit its overall sound - protein glues and a super thin gloss finish let the woods' natural shine go unimpeded. The Maple wood has a new hand-rubbed stain finish called “Brown Sugar” and really shows off its beauty. Other fresh details include Ivoroid Wings fingerboard inlays, an Ebony backstrip, inlaid Ebony binding with Ivoroid purfling, and a very cool Ebony striped pickguard.
This has a 25 1/2" scale length and 1 3/4" nut width, and other nice additions, like a single ring rosette, Hard Rock Maple neck and heel, Ebony fingerboard, Tusq nut, and a Micarta saddle. Of course it's ready to play out, too, with Taylor’s great and intuitive Expression System 2 electronics pre-installed. This Taylor 616ce acoustic guitar is a fantastic player and also comes with a full set up to your specs from our luthiers. Check out our own Mike H. giving it a spin below.
- Grand Symphony body shape with cutaway and Ebony binding
- Advanced Performance bracing with relief rout
- Torrefied Sitka Spruce top with single ring rosette, Striped Ebony pickguard, and thin 3 1/2 millimeter gloss finish
- Maple back and sides with specially designed bracing
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Hard Rock Maple neck and heel with Satin finish
- Ebony fingerboard with 20 frets, Ivoroid Wings inlays, and Ebony binding
- 1 3/4" nut width, Tusq
- Micarta saddle
- Taylor Nickel tuners
- Expression System 2 electronics system
- Deluxe Hardshell case included